Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wow... I need to get caught up!!

I haven't uploaded in 2 weeks - BAD tigger.  Life has been a bit insane, working on a commissioned canvas that keeps giving me fits, but I think I have it under control now. 

First - in my BOD (book of days with effy wild) I did a funky girl that I really love. I'm not a pink kind of girl, but I love pink and brown together.  I wrote the dang poem too. 

Then, I made twin canvases for my hallway.  they are 4 x 12 raised canvas.

THEN, today I worked on something that has become very near and dear to my heart.

my word for the year is 'fire' as you all know.  my project this year is a 12x12 raised canvas.  with me coming out of the flames... the word isn't on there yet, and may actually get written along the 1-1/2" sides.  (it's a tall canvas).  I used tissue paper over a garage sale print, a printed out paper photo of me, vintage music book paper for the wings... hit the background with Dylusions, painted the flames with regular old acrylic paints, and stickled the hell out of the wings.  i kept adding more and more and didn't like it... until i dragged my pointy thingy thru the wet stickles and LOVED the result.  i'll add a closeup view of it.  the Dylusions came up thru the book paper and into the rock candy stickles, creating a dreamy greenish hue...



2 comments:

  1. Sure do love your art!! But you know that already...:) Loving the fire picture! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beautimous!" I really LOVE the 12 x 12, it's super yummy! ~ vicki

    ReplyDelete