Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SheArt...

A few weeks ago a very lovely lady that I met through Soul Restoration gifted me the class of SheArt, taught by a very talented artist named Christy Tomlinson.  Not only did she gift me the class, she gifted 9 others... when she told me what she did, she added "well, I figure you can't take it with you".  It didn't occur to me at that point that she really meant that... until I found out she was dying of cancer... and has been sent home from the hospital for her last days. 

This generous woman's name is Teresa Potter.  I was able to learn to do an incredibly fun piece of art due to her kindness.  So I dedicate my first SheArt girl to Teresa... thank you.  I know that God will let you feel all the love that is pouring out to you from all your Soul Restoration friends...

My heart is just breaking...




5 comments:

  1. Thank you on behalf of Teresa for this beautiful post, I know she would appreciate this and it's such a beautiful canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet woman....so sad about her cancer.

    I am taking this class now, too. I have a background done...but so much to do with the girls. I have only watched a few of the videos...plan on working tonight.

    I love your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, one day soon, many of us are going to say 'I knew her when'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful girl Sandi! I love the cardboard texture! Be prepared to see that on my next girl! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Sandi. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete