Sunday, June 26, 2011

Come Rock It Blog HOP!!

Hi everybody!!!  Welcome to The Scrappers Sanctuary first ever Come Rock it Blog Hop.

We are so excited about this hop and we want to welcome all scrappers, artist and crafters. If you have arrived on my blog other than through the Hop, please click HERE. This will take you to Katie's blog, where all the fun for today starts. If you happen to get lost along the way, just come back here and start over. No worries! We have some great challenges and wonderful prizes going on here for this event. Once you have signed up at our forum you are on your way to great challenges, lots of talent, great forum and most of all FUN!

So anyway, let me tell you a little about me... my name is Sandi.. I started scrapbooking around 9  years ago.  My hubby changed our spare bedroom into the most incredible studio for me - and if I could live in here, I would.  In January I took a course taught by  Melody Ross called Soul Restoration.  It changed the way I looked at life and art - and I have discovered the joys of Mixed Media.  I'm now in the midst of Soul Restoration II, loving every minute of it, and in 2 weeks will be heading to McCall, Idaho to meet Melody in person at Brave Girls Camp.  If you've never heard of this, please click the link to the right somewhere ----> and read all about it.

A couple of months ago I was asked to be on the DT at Scrappers Sanctuary, and I have enjoyed every moment.  We do some incredibly fun and inventive challenges, and our prize packages *cough*tim holtz*cough* are droolworthy. 
So now for the excitement- my Blog Hop challenge to you is to create a mixed media piece - a vision board or vision cards.  Never heard of that?  I hadn't either - never fear.  For a vision board, just go sit down with some magazines and cut out pictures that represent what you want your life to hold - words that represent your wishes... anything that you find beautiful, interesting or that calls your soul.  Grab a big canvas... what's that you say? You don't have a canvas on hand? No problem.  Got some cardboard?  No?  Got a cereal box? I'll bet you do... now paint it.  Cheap craft paint.  88 cents.  Go get some if  you don't have some... in colors that you love.  Get some mod podge while you're at it.  Make believe you're in grade school again, cut  your wishes out of magazines, and use mod podge to glue them down... and then cover everything with another layer of MP.  Here's an example:











Don't want to do a vision board? Ok... do some vision cards!  You can use playing cards... pieces of that cereal box...  and now find some quotes that mean something to you.  Print them out, cut them out.  Ink 'em, distress 'em, do whatever you want with them... you can cover your cards with paper, paint... whatever floats your boat.  MP down your quote.  Cover everything with a layer of MP.




To be eligible for the grand prize, which is a set of  STICKLES generously provided by Mr. Tim Holtz himself, shown below. :  (the Stickles, not Mr. Tim Holtz) (not that I ever mind seeing that adorable face.) you must:


. Be a member of TSS Please make sure you sign up
. Post your challenge entry into the Come Rock It TSS Forum just for the blog Hop.
. your challenge must be new and you may not combine challenges
. Your project must be uploaded to the Blog Hop Forum by July 10th,9 pm EST 2011.
. Follow all rules of the challenge
. Leave a comment here on my site and on the forum to let us know you stopped by.
. Have this challenge uploaded to the TSS Blog Hop gallery by JULY 10th 9pm EST


For Completing this challenge you will be entered to win this great Prize package.


AND... yes, there's MORE.  If you become a follower of my blog you will be in the running for a RAK from me! Click 'follow' (above somewhere) and leave a comment here telling me that you're a new follower... (and if you want to leave some love while you're at it, I'm not opposed).

I thank you so much for participating and stopping by my blog I hope you are enjoying the Come Rock It Blog Hop. Please hop along to the next blog, you are going to love Marlene, she is incredibly talented, and has a very cool challenge....Click here!!!!

Happy Hopping! Oh, ok - I hear you - you want to see his adorable face as much as I do.  Ok.  Here.

4 comments:

  1. look at your with picture tutorials and everything!!! I already follow, but need some of Tim's stuff!! :evil6:

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked it Sandi! I love vision boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vision cards - I want to do that for sure! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi - I just found your blog thanks to the daily inspirations from Brave Girls. I loved SR1 & I'm retaking it in a few weeks until I take SR2 in Sept. I think I will visit often - your blog looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete