Sunday, September 16, 2012

people will stare.

My latest project. This is a 12x12 stretched canvas. The background is tissue paper, and watercolors. A little crackle paint, some walnut ink... markers. The face is cut from dictionary paper. Her 'hair' is ribbon, wire, and just about every adornment I could pull out of my collection.

This girl speaks to my heart. I knew when I read this quote on pinterest yesterday that I had to do something with it.

Much of my personal growth over the past 18 months has been learning to accept who I am, and what makes ME happy. That what other people think of me is none of my business. And if they want to stare at me - let 'em.






9 comments:

  1. I love it even more now that I read your blog entry. Love your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art (and you!) are incredible! The freest spirit I know!! You inspire....<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my stars. She is your best evah!!!! I ADORE her. (and you! I totally adore you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE her! You are so stinkin' creative. Love everything you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her! Tig, I would love to live closer to you so you can nudge me once in a while to do some unique gals and take a chance with my newly found creative soul. I am just in love with your work. AWESOMENESS ALL OVER A CANVAS!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a great piece............... love your work...... Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were inspired and now you have passed that inspiration on to us- your art is a gift and so is your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is AWESOME and so are YOU!! Seriously...you are AMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete